Use Technology to Solve Specific Problems
Custom development refers to the development of software that is distinct and separate from “off the shelf” or standardised packaged software. Custom development either creates a new application or enhances the functionality of an existing application. It is also used for the custom integration of various applications to one another. Our clients are choosing tailor-made solutions when they are unable to find suitable ready-made solutions on the market. This usually means support for specific business processes that create added value and provide competitive advantage to companies. We have years of experience with customized development and have successfully completed many unique projects for small and medium-sized enterprises. It is important for us to guide the customer through all phases of a custom developed project – from the business analysis of requirements, through the solution designing and drafting of specifications, to the implementation, introduction and maintenance of the final solution.
Best practices for developing custom software:
Define your current process and future needs.
- To build anything, including software, it’s critical to define your current process, your expectations and your measurement of success.
- Choose the right people for the work.TRG provides extensive custom development and integration services delivering bespoke applications for clients. Our developers are experts at creating seamless integration between core ERP systems and best of breed software applications.
- Make a realistic plan with milestones.Plan for milestones to keep the project on track. These are various stages of the development that should be completed at a certain time and budget amount. You can review the work at each schedule milestone to understand if you need to make changes to your planned timeline or budget.
- Conduct appropriate testing.Before you implement the new software across your entire business, test it. Testing usually occurs on two levels:
- Technical testing is conducted by IT and the developers. It tests that the foundational elements are working.
- User testing is conducted by the business users. It tests that the software works as expected and desired.
- Document the entire process.Documentation is important for all stages of development and implementation.A statement of scope to ensure you don’t end up trying to solve too many problems with the software.An implementation plan that defines who begins to use the software, and when. A training plan and detailed user documentation so that people aren’t left frustrated and with questions when you roll out the new resource.
Custom software development lets you use technology to solve specific problems for your business supporting growth and success.
Get In Touch
We'll need just a few details from you, and one of our specialists will be in touch